Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rolling Stone Readers Choose the Worst Cover Songs of All Time: 1. Miley Cyrus - Smells Like Teen Spirit | Rolling Stone Music | Photos

There is just something completely wrong about this performance. Miley Cyrus, Smells Like Teen Spirit, it doesn't even look right in the same sentence. At least it isn't a studio cover and it's just live, but I still would have never guessed Nirvana as a major influence for Miley.

Rolling Stone Readers Choose the Worst Cover Songs of All Time: 1. Miley Cyrus - Smells Like Teen Spirit | Rolling Stone Music | Photos: ""I want to play a song by one of the artists that inspired me," Miley Cyrus says before playing her infamous version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" earlier this year. "Without them I wouldn't be here. They are the ones who gave me the strength and courage to do this. I hope I can be that person for you guys." Miley was born over a year after Nevermind came out and it's hard to imagine just exactly how Nirvana inspired her to audition for Hannah Montana or record any of her songs, but those are her words. When she started singing this on tour earlier this year her popularity had dramatically plunged in America, and when the videos started hitting YouTube the comments were just vicious. Fairly or not, it seemed to embody everything that people dislike about her.

 

No comments: